Welcome to our How To page! We hope you find some helpful tips here!
How to Finely Dice an Onion in 5 Simple Steps
- Remove each end of the onion. At the root end, cut very close to the root, so the onion holds together.
- Slice in half from the middle of the root end.
- Remove the paper layer and the first layer of onion.
- Lay half of the onion on your cutting board, and use your knife to repeatedly (and evenly) score the onion – cutting to the bottom, but not cutting through the end.
- Turn the onion, then cut in the opposite direction.