Today’s experiment was a hit! This was about as easy as it gets. Homemade Pizza Flavored Popcorn!!
1/3 to 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
4 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
pinch of pepper
2 Tablespoons parmesan or Romano cheese, finely grated
- Make yourself some popcorn. I recommend you use our stovetop pop method or homemade microwave popcorn method.
- Melt the butter. Stovetop or microwave, your choice.
- Mix your dried pizza seasonings together: garlic, onion, thyme, oregano, pepper and basil.
- Slowly drizzle and mix the popcorn and the butter in a large bowl. Add small amounts of salt as you mix.
- Slowly sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and a pinch of parmesan or Romano cheese. Mix as you go. Season to your liking, taste as you go. You may not use all of the seasoning, or you may want more or less cheese.