We skipped day 10. Sorry! Welcome to Day 11!
We were hoping you could do some really important things for yourself today:
- Don’t watch the news.
- Stay off social media, it’s full of news (After you’re done reading this, of course)
- Shelter-in-place except for absolute necessities.
- Find things to keep you busy. Maybe it’s a movie, cleaning, baking, board games. Take a long walk. Stretch.
- Reach out to a friend or loved one and let them know you’re thinking of them.
- Open the curtains and let in some light!
Here’s some things that kept us busy:
Do schoolwork with your kids. It makes them feel like they have a classmate. And you might learn something, too! On YouTube, Homeschool Pop has good videos for at-home social studies. Or, try Scholastic learn from home. You’re never too old to learn new things. This website Math Drills has great elementary level worksheets for free!
Read a book. Even if you have read it before. Have you ever read Christopher Moore? His books are so funny. He can be quite vulgar though, if that’s not your cup of tea.
Got milk that’s going to expire? Freeze it. While freezing can change the texture, it can be used for cooking and baking later. Or make pudding! Jell-O no bake cheesecake is basically pudding on a graham cracker crust. Yummy!
Find some funny! If you’re able, take a drive. You might find that your local Chuck E Cheese is still open, selling dipping dots and $5 pizzas out the front door, and laugh hysterically. This particular Chuck E Cheese is one the nastiest places on earth… not even if they had the very last pizza on Earth!
Did you get a big box from Amazon? Here’s a fun one for the kids – or small adults!