As far as construction goes, we replace a lot of rotten stuff, scrape popcorn ceilings, tear out and replace flooring and baseboard, fix sheet rock, replace plumbing fixtures, paint, and a multitude of other things. But this. This is the grossest gross. We have been slowly working on this gross place for 2 gross weeks and have another gross week left. Neighbors say 2 little old ladies and a husky dog (as well as mice and roaches) occupied this unit. We’re guessing they didn’t own a vacuum. Or clean anything.
So in our service to health and public safety this week, the universe responded and gave us some things we really needed.
Bleach. Got bleach! We really need bleach for cleaning and laundry, not for hoarding.
Produce. Got produce! Found the best little out of the way open air market called Bill’s Ranch Market. They have a wide variety of produce and a lot of staples too! Bread, tortillas, beans, rice. Check out this apocalypse fruit salad. It was very very good. Won’t even fault them for spelling spaghetti incorrectly.
While working at the gross place, we attempted to go out to get some takeout, since it’s far from our home base where we normally have lunch at a regular dining room table. Take out was a disaster. It took 1:10 to get through the line at Pieology. This is horrible social distancing and a total waste of time. We tried a couple other places only to discover long waits, very short staff and incorrect food. So we tailgated! We had quesadillas one day, breakfast another, and pineapple pork fried rice. We love tailgating!
We’d like to catch you up on the news today, so you don’t have to watch it. It says: coronavirus, Covid, shortage, unemployment, protest, stimulus, politician speak, blah blah blah.
There. You’re all caught up and you don’t need to watch or read the news today. Don’t give the news and the worry one more second of your life today. Go enjoy youself. Shower, shave those lockdown legs, water your plants, cook something awesome, clean your floor, do a puzzle. Just for today, breathe deep and just be.
Here’s a simple but effective breathing exercise to get you started. It can help reduce pain and anxiety. Deep breathing is the fastest way to balance your brain and your body. When we regulate our breathing, we supply our blood with necessary oxygen to regulate our blood flow and regulate our bodies. You can do this several times per day – all for free!
1. Close your eyes and envision a peaceful place that makes your happy.
2. Breathe in through your nose to a count of six (if you can’t get to six, get as far as you can). Breathe out through your mouth slowly to a count of six. Repeat 3 times.
3. Breathe in through your nose to a count of six. Breathe out slowly through your mouth to a count of six, as if you’re blowing a candle and making it flicker, but not extinguish. Repeat 3 times.
4. Breathe in through your nose to a count of six. Breathe out through your to a count of six, with enough force to extinguish a candle. Repeat 3 times.
5. Breathe slowly in and out through your nose for a few moments and open your eyes.
Stay well, friends!